For over 55 years, summers at Appel Farm Arts Camp have transformed the lives of thousands of young people. Your child will develop artistic talents, grow in self-confidence and make friendships that last a lifetime in our kind and accepting community.
Philosophy and Programs
Founders Albert and Clare Appel believed that every child has innate artistic talent that is waiting to be discovered and developed. As professional musicians and educators, their commitment to giving children the opportunity to grow as people, and as artists, was unwavering.
Today, Appel Farm Arts Camp is a welcoming and diverse community that builds artistic skills through excellent arts instruction in a non-competitive atmosphere.
Arts Camp programs in Music & Recording Arts, Theater, Technical Theater, Dance, Visual Arts, Photography, Video, Creative Writing, Sports & Swim, Green Corps, Horseback Riding, and LEGO® Robotics are led by skilled and mature artists/instructors. Appel Farm Arts Camp offers both performing and visual arts programs for young people ages 7-17.
Appel Farm Arts Camp is located in rural southern New Jersey near the small town of Elmer. It’s a convenient drive from Philadelphia, Wilmington, and many areas of southern New Jersey. Washington, D.C. and New York City are a 2.5 hour drive.
Find Out More
Finding the right camp for your child is important, and we know you will want to find out more about Appel Farm Arts Camp. Check out our camp programs, come for a tour, request an information packet , or check out our digital Camp Brochure today! Your child will be welcomed at Appel Farm Arts Camp.
Reasons to Choose Appel Farm Arts Camp
- Safe, non-competitive, accepting community of 225 campers
- 2, 4, 6, or 8-week sessions for campers age 7-17
- 3:1 camper/counselor ratio
- Mature staff of professional artists and educators
- Campers choose 4 areas of interest to study in-depth throughout their session
- Programs in music, theater, dance, visual arts, photography, video, recording arts, creative writing, sports, swim, horseback riding, art + technology, and more
- Core Values: safety, community, personal growth and fun are promoted through all activities
- Modern housing with bathrooms & showers
- 45 min. Southeast of Philadelphia, 2.5 hours from New York City and Washington D.C.
- Scholarship program allows for a diverse camp community
- Winner of 2015 Philly Love Award for Best Overnight Camp
- ACA Accredited
What parents and campers have to say about Appel Farm Arts Camp
“Appel Farm has this unique space of no judgement, joyful creation and true empowerment that I have not found in many other places. I am very grateful my daughter gets to be part of this every summer. She keeps the sense of those weeks with her the rest of her year and it gives her freedom to…be.” —Katarina, camp parent
“My son still hasn’t stopped telling me about all the great things he did at camp. It was the best thing I could have done for him.” –Jill, camp parent
“Appel Farm is my dream place. It is a place of love, kindness, and respect. This is a place where everyone is accepted.” –Siona, camper
“We always said that we wished we could bottle how happy our child is when she’s at Appel Farm and spread it throughout the year. It truly is the highlight of her entire year.” –Thomas, camp parent