Direct a zombie movie, animate a cartoon, and tell a story through the art of Video! Experience every aspect of film production.
- Learn the art of producing, screenwriting, directing, filming, and editing
- Gain experience using professional digital video equipment and Final Cut Pro editing suites
- Complete collaborative projects with an emphasis on on process based learning
- Play a key role in a short film shown to the camp community at the close of each session
Our Video program is about story telling through the medium of digital video. Campers’ ideas come to life under the supervision and advisement of our expert staff members. Campers work on short films, documentaries, comedies, or dramas. Video campers experience every aspect of film production, including producing, screenwriting, directing, filming, and editing in a supportive environment. In this department, anything’s possible with just a pinch of cinematographic magic!
Every year, our video department updates classes to best suit the strengths of our staff members.
Examples of Past Minor Classes
- Live Action Video, Animation, Green Screen Video, Silent Movie Making, Music Videos, Appel Farm News
Check out our amazing Video Department’s Showcase from First Session 2014!