Music, story, rhythm – dance! If you want to move, come and learn more about the magic, discipline and sheer physical energy of dance.
- Serious dance training in a state of the art studio
- Emphasis on technique, choreography, and strength training
- Differentiated instruction to meet the needs of beginner through advanced dancers
- Process-centered classes balanced with a variety of ensemble performance opportunities
Appel Farm’s Dance Program is growing by leaps and bounds! We are offering more classes than ever in our newly renovated Valero Room. Generous donations from Board Members, Marcy Bliss and Tim Alles have allowed us to add brand new Harlequin dance floors, mirrors, and barres to accomodate the growing needs of this fun, supportive, and inspiring department.
Dance majors cover a variety of genres to meet the interests of our campers. Everyone's welcome to come express themselves with instructions tailored to meet the needs of beginning through advanced skill levels.
Major I Classes
- Ballet and Hip-Hop
Major II Classes
- Jazz and Modern/Contemporary Dance
Our Dance Department updates its minor class lists to reflect the unique strengths of our expert instructors. They change from summer to summer, but are always tailored to meet the needs of interested campers.
Examples of Past Minor Classes
- Choreography, Hip Hop, Pointe Ballet, Tap, Bollywood Dance, Lyrical, Partner, Pop Funk, and 42nd Street Tap